Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Bus Stop


This guy here, he’s pretty good.  Always gives me something.  Usually good for cigarette. 
            “Hey man can I get a smoke from you?”
            “Sure Sam,  the damn bus is late again.  Damn things always late.  I can see my boss now, just sitting at his desk waiting for me to walk in late.  Son of a bitch has been after me ever since his wife hit on me at the Christmas party.  Finally!!! See ya later Sam”
            Man I’m glad I don’t have those kinda problems.  That guys stomach is always in knots.  I see all sorts of things sitting here.  It’s still prettyearly right now, I try to get here early.  Mostly folks on their way to work.  I get here early.  These white colar types always buy a coffee and a paper on their way to work and I can just hear that change jingleing in their pockets. 
            I’ll work for it, sing em a song.  I used to be a huge rockstar.  I played with all the big names.  Hopefully I can get enough by ten so I can get a forty and a pack of smokes when the corner store opens.  Every once in a while, on a good day, I can make thirty bucks before the kick me out of this spot.  Here comes Meridith, she’s a sweet old lady.
            “Did you eat today Sam?”
            “No mam, I did not but, I’ll sing you a song for a dollar.”
            “Ok then Sam let’s hear it.”
There is a girl
Sitting at a bus station
Her dark hair in braids
She’s getting on her bus
I didn’t even smile
            “Well that was just lovely Sam, here ya go.”
            Cool she gave me a five.  I must remind her of her kid or something.  Almost there man.  We just need two dollars.  Some guys hustle a little more than I do.  They tell some lame story about how they are stranded.  To me that just bring s the heat.  These people don’t want deal with us.  They want to drop and forget all about it.  I figure the less I intrude into their little bubble the more likely they are to give up the change.
            Shit man here they come.  Come on kid let’s move, security can be real assholes.  It’s cool, the store about to open any we can just get a thing of rollies instead of real smokes.  There, that way, across the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment